This project was created to serve as a new Computer Engineering-focused display for new student orientation, SOAR, major fairs, etc. It provides a fun, interactive way to learn about circuits, I/O, and processing. It connects the real world to a digital one in a clever way.
This project is teaching about Computer Interfaces. It involves low-level hardware and signal processing, high-level operating systems and software, and allows students to see how they can create powerful systems with computers.
We use a MaKeyMaKey board to allow students to create their own "controllers" to use with the game, and then use this as input to our Raspberry Pi, which runs Bombermaaan and outputs to the display.
- Grab the Bomberman Cart + Posters
- Plug it in
- Hook up all the controllers
- When you're done, shutdown the Pi before unplugging the cart. (Instructions below).
- Exit from the Bomberman game to the Rasbian desktop (hit ESC).
- Press Ctrl+Alt+D and use the arrow keys to move to LXTerminal and open it.
- Type "sudo shutdown -h now" and hit enter.
- Wait for the blinking cursor on the top left of the screen to disappear.
If you want to view the real details of this project. View the README.md on GitHub!
Luke Hsiao (@lukehsiao) | Thomas Townsend | Alex Lin | The MaKey MaKey Team